One of Britain’s most famous luxury brands, Wedgwood was founded by Josiah Wedgwood, a craftsman, potter, pioneer and philanthropist, in Stoke-on-Trent, England in 1759. Although in recent years the company has changed hands a couple of times, the company still has its base – and a fabulous museum that is well worth a visit, in the same area, which is now known as “The Potteries”.
Paeonia is the botanical name for the peony, a flower with luscious full blooms, that shares its beauty with us for just a few weeks a year. Native to China, where they were once planted in the gardens of the Imperial Palace, peonies are often thought of as symbols for honour, prosperity, good fortune and romance, and items featuring peonies are therefore a popular wedding gift.
The original inspiration for the Paeonia Blush collection came from historical Wedgwood pattern books, dating back to the 18th century. Made of fine bone china, finished with 22-carat gold banding and featuring bold coloured peonies against vivid backgrounds, each item in the series is a wonderful celebration of the peony, and makes a fantastic gift.
- Glass teapot with glass infuser and fine bone china lid.
- Teapot height ca 11 cm, width 25 cm.
- Teapot capacity ca 800 ml.
- Body/infuser made of glass. Lid made of fine bone china with 22-carat gold banding.
- Teapot and infuser dishwasher safe. Hand wash only recommended for the lid.
- Presented in a stylish Wedgwood gift box.