There is so much to learn about tea and we enjoy sharing our knowledge with fellow tea lovers.
This “Introduction to Tea” seminar is designed for those who are new to tea and want to gain an overview of the basics, including the different types of tea and how best to prepare them.
Our workshops look at each of the different tea categories in more depth. If for example you know you are only interested in green tea, or oolong tea, then a workshop would be the best option for you.
For those who already know tea well and are curious to try specific teas from our range in a more hands-on environment we offer private tea consultations.
And for hotels and restaurants who would like to improve their customers’ experience with tea at their establishments, we offer an advisory service covering everything you need to know, from choice of tea menu through to how to prepare and serve tea.
Workshop: Exploring Green Tea
The perfect event for everyone who enjoys green tea and wants to learn more about it, in this seminar UK Tea Academy Tea Sommelier Sabine Gullatz will guide you through a tasting of different types of green tea and show various different types of brewing methods.
Key learning points:
- What makes green tea green?
- How to taste tea: The different flavours and aromas to be found in the different types of green tea
- Important green tea growing regions
- How to use a gaiwan / kyusu / matcha tools and brew the perfect green tea at home
Examples of teas to be explored:
- Organic Tonglu Dragon Well (Tonglu Long Jing)
- Spring Snail Shell (Bi Luo Chun)
- Melon Seed (Liu An Gua Pian)
- Organic Jeju Osulloc Sejak Green Tea
- Kukicha or Genmaicha
- Organic Marimo Mie (Hayashi) Sencha
- Organic Uji Shohokuen Matcha
Date: 7. May 2023, 11.00 – ca. 13.30
Duration: ca. 2,5 hours
Please note that we have a maximum of six participants at each event. As this workshop can only take place in our shop in Stuttgart outside of opening hours (i.e. on Sundays), the amount of workshops we are able to hold is limited. To avoid disappointment we advise booking early.