One of Britain’s most famous luxury brands, Wedgwood was founded by Josiah Wedgwood, a craftsman, potter, pioneer and philanthropist, in Stoke-on-Trent, England in 1759. Although in recent years the company has changed hands a couple of times, the company still has its base – and a fabulous museum that is well worth a visit, in the same area, which is now known as “The Potteries”.
Part of Wedgwood’s “Tea Story” series, the inspiration for the Cuckoo collection comes directly from the Wedgwood archive of pattern books. Based on a design from the 19th Century called “Chinese Flowers and Bird”, this modern interpretation of an old design contrasts the striking colours of the cuckoo with vivid, oversized blooms. Using a palette of soft pastel colours (pink, blue, green and peach) for the background, each piece in the collection is highlighted with 22-carat gold banding.
- 3 piece set comprising teapot, teacup and saucer.
- Teapot height ca. 10 cm, width (spout to handle) ca 17 cm, diameter ca. 12 cm.
- Teapot capacity ca. 580 ml.
- Teacup height ca. 6 cm, width (to handle) ca. 14 cm, diameter ca. 12 cm.
- Teacup capacity ca. 225 ml.
- Saucer width ca. 17 cm.
- Made of fine bone china with 22-carat gold banding.
- Hand wash only.
- Presented in a stylish Wedgwood gift box.