There is so much to learn about tea and we enjoy sharing our knowledge with fellow tea lovers.
This “Introduction to Tea” seminar is designed for those who are new to tea and want to gain an overview of the basics, including the different types of tea and how best to prepare them.
Our workshops look at each of the different tea categories in more depth. If for example you know you are only interested in green tea, or oolong tea, then a workshop would be the best option for you.
For those who already know tea well and are curious to try specific teas from our range in a more hands-on environment we offer private tea consultations.
And for hotels and restaurants who would like to improve their customers’ experience with tea at their establishments, we offer an advisory service covering everything you need to know, from choice of tea menu through to how to prepare and serve tea.
Workshop: Exploring Oolong Tea
The perfect event for everyone who enjoys oolong tea and wants to learn more about it, in this seminar Lynn will guide you through the fascinating world of oolong tea.
Key learning points:
- What oolong is, the different types of oolong, how oolong teas are produced
- How to taste tea: The different flavours and aromas to be found in the different types of oolong tea
- Important oolong growing regions
- How to prepare oolong in a gaiwan
- Cold brewing oolong
Examples of teas to be explored:
- Pinglin Pouchong (Wen Shan Bao Zhong) Oolong
- Ali Shan Jin Xuan (Golden Lily / Milk) Oolong
- Organic Four Seasons (Si Ju Chun) Oolong
- Ali Shan Qing Xin Oolong
- Shan Lin Xi Concubine (Gui Fei / Mi Xian) Oolong
- Ali Shan Qing Xin Gaba Oolong
- Oriental Beauty (Dongfang Meiren / Bai Hao)
Date: 12. March 2023, 11.00 – ca. 13.30
Duration: ca. 2,5 hours
Please note that we have a maximum of six participants at each event. As this workshop can only take place in our shop in Stuttgart outside of opening hours (i.e. on Sundays), the amount of workshops we are able to hold is limited. To avoid disappointment we advise booking early.