One of Britain’s most famous luxury brands, Wedgwood was founded by Josiah Wedgwood, a craftsman, potter, pioneer and philanthropist, in Stoke-on-Trent, England in 1759. Although in recent years the company has changed hands a couple of times, the company still has its base – and a fabulous museum that is well worth a visit, in the same area, which is now known as “The Potteries”.
Still produced at Wedgwood factory in Stoke on Trent, many pieces in the Wild Strawberry collection have the intricate pattern of finely drawn leaves and small strawberries applied by hand in a process called lithography. Lithography is a highly skilled craft that can take many years to perfect, and only the most experienced craftsmen and women, some of whom have more than forty years’ experience, work on such pieces.
- 2 piece set comprising teapot and teacup.
- Height whole set 13 cm, width 23 cm, diameter ca. 13 cm.
- Teapot capacity ca. 580 ml.
- Teacup height ca. 6,5 cm, width (to handle) ca. 14,5 cm, diameter ca. 12 cm.
- Teacup capacity ca. 320 ml.
- Made of fine bone china with 22-carat gold banding.
- Hand wash only.
- Presented in a stylish Wedgwood gift box.